Monday, May 30, 2011

Traveling in China








Traveling in China is much different than it used to be from my first trip to China 14 years ago. It amazes me. I admit that I have learned a lot about the Chinese culture and language since that first time, which has made me more aware of travel in China. But certainly advances in China with the economy has made an incredible difference in the experience.




On my way between destinations, I was able to experience the beauty of Chinese culture. Some of it was shocking to me, but at all times I was smiling, happy to be immersed in a country I have come to love.




The ultramodern huge airport in Pudong Shanghai


Advertisement showing all sorts of different kids!




A friendly taxi driver with some interesting nails



I've met stranger cab drivers in Orlando.Even with only a little Chinese language ability, the train is an easy way to get around. Folks say to be careful for pickpockets, but I've never had any problems.





Ultramodern high speed train.


Standard sight in China.... construction and skyscrapers going in everywhere...



Typical scooter driving in Shanghai. No helmet, and toddler just gripped tightly. I don't think that would ever fly in the USA.

Here's a link to some travel in China.


Here's a link which shows some scenes of life in China.













1 comment:

  1. Those finger nails are horrid ugh! Me being a total germaphobe I would have to stick them in bleach.

    ReplyDelete