Sunday, April 24, 2011

Qianjiang morning market











The next morning, I awoke early and had some breakfast. Afterwards I took a walk outside the hotel, and found myself in an alley way with a few vendors selling some vegetables. I was so intrigued, that I follewed it further, and soon found myself in a large abandoned warehouse that was filled with people selling all manner of fresh food. There were large sections devoted to fish, others to various tubers (potatoes, ginger and others). I also saw tables for cooking and selling of tofu, and a big block of what appeared to by soy bread. There was a section of the market devoted to roast beef and raw beef. Still others were selling spices and noodles I found a few Chinese cuties, and very respectfully took their photos, remembering to ask the subject, or their parents, if I could be honored to capture their faces
(a boy eating at his family's shop, studying before school while eating breakfast)




(a very happy baby with an equally proud grandmother. It was so cute how the grandmother would continually stuff bits of fresh vegetables in the the girl's hands to eat as the grandmother went on with her business)


(a young girl with a typical basket on her back loaded with fresh vegetables for the day's meals)






(Spicy dried chile peppers! The smell was absolutely amazing! It was making my mouth water!)






(a girl and her spice shop. Such amazing mouthwatering smells!)








(I was proud to pose with the shop owner)








(noodles!!)




(fresh Tofu!)




(soy bread! Steam was coming from it, it was still warm from being freshly cooked!)




(shallow ponds of fresh fish for sale)




(fresh potatoes for sale from smiling women! so beautiful!)




I couldn't take my eyes off the children and the mothers, with ther cute backpack baskets loading and carrying food from shop to shop.







I received an expected phone call from Kay that the orphaange director had arrived to the hotel and was present and ready to start the day.




With great reluctance I left the market and found my way back to the hotel. the rain had stopped, and it was now just a threatening gray outside.




For a video of me looking through the market, please click on this link

No comments:

Post a Comment